This document sets out the Terms and Conditions between Elevate Toronto (hereafter “Elevate”) and you when you purchase a ticket or register for any event or festival organized by Elevate, or participate in any survey of Elevate’s. By purchasing a Festival Pass, or registering for an event, festival, or conference organized by Elevate, or by participating in a survey, you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by these Terms and Conditions. You should read this document carefully.
Elevate reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time. Any amended Terms and Conditions will be posted on the Elevate website. Applicable from August 15th, 2018.
Elevate is a wholly Canadian-owned company, which is in the main business of organizing an annual technology and innovation festival.
DECLARATION OF CONSENT
You hereby give your consent for Elevate (and any potential subsidiaries) to collect, process and use your personal data for the purposes of processing the purchase of your ticket and for any other use to which you have consented, including the importation of contact information for which you have provided your explicit prior consent.
This information will be used for the purposes of processing ticket sales and compiling attendee lists which may be published on the Elevate website and across any relevant online portals, websites or platforms, and circulated by email to our email database, which includes all past and current delegates. If you do not wish your name, photograph, country where based and company name to appear on the attendee list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You hereby give your consent for the mandatory and voluntary data collected from me in the course of purchasing and or registering for tickets sold by Elevate (and/or other group companies). You further give your permission for your user account details to be stored by Elevate. You acknowledge that you may provide Elevate a reasonable timeframe to remove your details at any time that you no longer wish them to be stored. You acknowledge and accept that your data will be used for commercial purposes in accordance with this Data Protection Policy and Declaration of Consent and will be retained and stored for this purpose. Should you wish your data to be removed you must request Elevate to do so in writing. Requests will be processed within a 30-day period.
Requests can be emailed to email@example.com, or addressed to: The Office Manager, Elevate, 75 Portland Street, Unit #1103, Toronto, ON, M5V 2M9.
You hereby give your consent for Elevate to store any voluntary information you may provide in the course of participating in an online survey. You acknowledge and accept that your data will be used for commercial purposes in accordance with this Data Protection Policy and Declaration of Consent and will be retained and stored for this purpose.
You hereby give your consent for Elevate to use for the purposes of processing complimentary, or otherwise ticket registration, the mandatory data and any voluntary data you provide when registering a complimentary admission ticket. You further give your consent for the voluntary data provided. You acknowledge and accept that your data will be used for commercial purposes in accordance with this Data Protection Policy and Declaration of Consent and will be retained and stored for this purpose.
You cannot resell a ticket. This includes subsidized tickets, such as Youth Scholarships. Doing so will void the ticket and the ticket holder will not gain entry to the event.
All tickets must be assigned to an attendee. This includes name, job title (if applicable), and company/business name (if applicable). If you have secured a complimentary ticket but have already bought a ticket, you are not eligible for a refund.
ELEVATE YOUTH SCHOLARSHIPS
In our efforts to allow young people to attend our events, Elevate offers a limited number of free and subsidized tickets to the Elevate Festival. It is a strict condition of these promotions that only individuals aged between 13-21 can gain admission to the event using these tickets.
Any person redeeming an Elevate Youth Scholarship must provide relevant identification, such as a government issued ID or student card.
By agreeing to act as a volunteer at an event, you acknowledge that:
- You will receive no compensation for travel, accommodation, etc.
- There is no guarantee that you will be selected to be a volunteer at the event.
- If you violate any event rule or fail to show up for an assigned shift, your accreditation can be removed, and you will be denied access to the event.
- You attest to the truth of all statements made in your application.
- The use of alcohol and/or controlled substances before or while on duty is strictly prohibited. Violation of this policy will result in immediate dismissal, removal of accreditation, and removal from the event grounds.
- Selection as a volunteer grants permission to Elevate or other group companies to use the volunteer’s likeness, name, voice and words in television, radio, film, newspapers, magazines and other media, both during and any time after the event, and in any form, for advertising or communicating the purpose of the event(s).
- In the course of the event(s), you may be dealing with confidential information and you agree to keep such information in the strictest of confidence.
- You have read and fully understood these Terms and Conditions.
USE OF PERSONAL DATA FOR ADVERTISING PURPOSES
Elevate will not share your address, email address, credit card information or personal information to any third party without your permission. You hereby give your consent for Elevate (and any potential subsidiaries) to store the following types of data as a profile for internal purposes:
- Mandatory and voluntary data collected when purchasing tickets.
- Mandatory and voluntary data collected when registering a complimentary admission ticket, as well as the date of the ticket registration.
- Voluntary disclosures when participating in online surveys.
- If you have opted-in to receive email communication about related events, you give consent for Elevate (or any potential subsidiaries) to analyze and use the data for the purpose of targeted advertising communications to you on relevant topics and products in connection with Elevate (or subsidiary events and promotions).
- Data collected from any connected social media for which you have provided your explicit prior consent.
- If you have provided your mobile telephone number, you consent to Elevate or subsidiary companies to contact you by SMS in relation to events for which you are purchasing a ticket, or registering an expression of interest.
- You acknowledge that your data may be used for marketing purposes by Elevate or a third party to contact you by phone or email to ascertain your views on our services.
- You furthermore consent to the mathematical and statistical analysis of your personal data for advertising purposes (scoring).
- You also give your consent for your data to be updated and supplemented with additional data.
- Accordingly, you give your consent for Elevate (and any potential subsidiaries) to collect data relating to you personally from public domain sources, and to store it along with your personal data that is already under the control of Elevate. You give your consent for Elevate (and any potential subsidiaries) to analyse this newly collected data together with the data already under Elevate’s control, and to use the same for the purpose of targeted advertising communications to you on relevant topics and products in connection with the Elevate Festival.
- Elevate has free lifetime use of any image or video content created by attendees at the Elevate Festival (and any other events organized by Elevate and its potential subsidiaries).
When personal information (e.g. name, email address, work address, phone numbers and other contact information) is provided through the Elevate website, or directly to Elevate by email, you give consent to Elevate for:
- Processing and administering your personal data to perform all necessary actions to give effect to your request or instructions;
Elevate may also collect the following information about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site.
- Name and physical shipping, contact, and payment addresses.
- Email address and telephone numbers.
- Credit card, debit card or bank information.
- Date of birth.
- Social Media profiles (e.g. Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn).
If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence. We may ask you to complete surveys for research purposes, though you do not have to respond to them.
RIGHT OF ACCESS
You have a right to be given a copy of any of your personal data held by Elevate in accordance with the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL) & Canada’s Personal Information and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) (hereafter “the Data Protection Acts”).
Requests for a copy of your personal data can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or addressed to: The Office Manager, Elevate, 75 Portland Street, Unit #1103, Toronto, ON, M5V 2M9.
RIGHT OF RECTIFICATION OR ERASURE
If Elevate holds incorrect information about you which was originally submitted by you through this website, you have the right to have the data amended. Further, you have the right to have any information you have sent to Elevate via the Elevate website erased. To request your right to rectification and/or erasure please send your request to email@example.com, or in writing to: The Office Manager, Elevate, 75 Portland Street, Unit #1103, Toronto, ON, M5V 2M9.
Requests should include:
- Your name and address.
- A description of the specific personal data you wish rectified.
Please note that Elevate is not required to rectify or erase your data where doing so would prevent you from meeting your contractual obligations to Elevate, or where Elevate is required to process (including retaining) your personal data for a lawful purpose in accordance with the Data Protection Acts. In the event of any conflict between these terms and the provisions of the Data Protection Acts, the Data Protection Acts shall prevail.
The security of your personal information is important to the Elevate team. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, Elevate cannot guarantee its absolute security and cannot accept any liability where the security of your Personal Information is compromised. The security of your personal information is important to us. As such, you will be notified in the unlikely incident of any data breach that compromises your personal information. When you enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number) on our registration or order forms, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (TLS/SSL).
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
REFUND AND CANCELLATION POLICY
Once you have purchased your Elevate Festival Pass, you are not eligible for a refund. If you wish to change the name on your Elevate Festival Pass, you will be able to do so until Wednesday, September 5th at 5PM. If you need to change the name on your pass after this date, you will be charged a transfer fee of $150.00 CAD + HST. For any additional ticket-related inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your ticket remains the property of Elevate and is a personal revocable license, which may be withdrawn, and admission refused at any time upon a refund of the printed registration price.
In the unlikely event of cancellation of the Elevate Festival, or an event within the Festival, the liability of Elevate is limited to the share of paid registration fees that remains after credit card and payment processing fees have been incurred and deducted.
It is strictly forbidden for any company, organization or attendee to attempt to host or organize any event in conjunction with, contiguous to, or purporting to be related to Elevate (or any of its affiliates) without the express prior permission and cooperation of Elevate. In the event of a breach of these terms, any tickets purchased will be rendered null and void. Elevate reserves their right to take such legal action, including a claim for damages, as may be appropriate.
The tickets purchased (including hotel rooms, if applicable) are for your own personal use, or that of your business only, and may not be resold under any circumstances including, but not limited to, use as part of any promotion or competition undertaken without the express prior permission and cooperation of Elevate. Where there has been any resale or attempted resale of any tickets (or any other breach of this term), Elevate reserves the right to cancel the relevant tickets with immediate effect.
Elevate reserves the right to cancel any ticket purchase made by any person or body whom we reasonably believe to be associated with any ticket broker. Elevate will not be responsible for any tickets that are lost or stolen.
Elevate reserves the right to refuse admission to any event, festival, or conference for any behaviour which it deems unacceptable, or for breach of these Terms and Conditions.
The unauthorized use of photographic and recording equipment at events, festivals and conferences is prohibited. As a festival attendee, you consent to film and sound recording.
Elevate and its subsidiaries will not be liable for any loss, injury, or damage to any person or property howsoever caused (save for death or personal injury as a result of Elevate’s negligence or for any other type of liability that cannot be excluded or limited by law).
Elevate will not be liable for the granting of any visas that are required to attend any event, festival, or conference. In the event that an attendee’s visa is not granted, tickets will not be refunded.
Name changes on Elevate Festival Passes will be facilitated free of charge. No name changes will be facilitated 7 days prior to the commencement of the Elevate Festival.
If you have been selected to volunteer at the event but have already bought a ticket, you are not eligible for a refund.
For questions about registration or assistance with any registration problems, please contact email@example.com.
Complaints can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will endeavor to resolve any customer complaints where reasonable.
EVENT CANCELLATION, POSTPONEMENT & SUBSTITUTION POLICY
Elevate is not responsible for any loss or damage as a result of a substitution, alteration, cancellation or postponement of the Festival, or an event within the Festival. Elevate shall assume no liability whatsoever in the circumstances that an event is cancelled, rescheduled or postponed due to a fortuitous event, Act of God, unforeseen occurrence or any other event that renders performance of an event impracticable, illegal, or impossible. For purposes of this clause, a fortuitous event shall include, but not be limited to: war, fire, labour strike, extreme weather, or another emergency.
Please note that while speakers and topics are confirmed at the time of publishing, circumstances beyond the control of the organizers may necessitate substitutions, alterations or cancellations of the speakers and/or topics. As such, Elevate reserves the right to alter or modify the advertised speakers and/or topics if necessary without any liability to you whatsoever. Any substitutions or alterations will be updated on our website as soon as possible.
Once a successful purchase transaction has been completed, Elevate Festival Passes are delivered in electronic soft-copy to the email address nominated by the purchaser via email. For some ticket types, it may be necessary to complete required information – such as attendee name or business/company name – before the Festival Passes can be issued. The Festival Passes acts as a receipt for the transaction and can be used to redeem entry at the event listed on the Festival Pass. A printed hard-copy ticket or an electronic soft-copy ticket detailing the reference number can be used to register at the Festival.
CODE OF CONDUCT
Elevate, believes in building a community where global ideas may thrive and opportunity for collaboration and education are enlivened. We believe that diversity is a tremendous source of strength and that our communities, workplaces, and governments are made stronger by including the voices of everyone. We do not believe in “polite accommodation,” but rather creating an environment that reflects the diversity of our community in regard to: age, sexual orientation, race, language, economic position, ability, religion, etc. We believe that all persons have the right to respect, as well as fair and equitable treatment from others. Elevate does not tolerate violence, mistreatment, or harassment — verbal, physical, sexual, or otherwise — towards staff, volunteers, guests, or partners at any of our festivals or events. Should the comfort or safety of any of our staff, volunteers, guests or partners be in question, immediate action will be taken. Elevate expects all staff, volunteers, guests and partners conduct themselves in a professional and appropriate manner at all times. Individuals found violating these rules of conduct may be sanctioned or removed from the festival, without a refund, at the discretion of the festival organizers and appropriate legal action may be filed.
- Elevate shall be entitled to delegate the duties provision of its obligations under this Agreement.
- No other terms shall apply to this Agreement, and these terms contain the entire agreement and understanding between you and Elevate in respect to all matters which are referred to herein and supersede any prior, written or oral agreement between you and Elevate relating to such matters. You confirm that in agreeing to accept these Terms and Conditions, you have not relied on any representation that is not expressly included herein, and you agree that you shall have no remedy in respect of any misrepresentation which has not become a part of these Terms and Conditions. However, nothing in these terms purport to exclude liability for any fraudulent statement or act.
- If any part of the terms herein shall be deemed unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable then that provision shall be deemed to be severable from these terms and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any of the remaining provisions of the terms.
You agree not to:
- Use the website (or any part of it) for any illegal purpose, and agree to use it in accordance with all relevant laws;
- Upload or transmit through the website (i) any computer viruses, macro viruses, trojan horses, worms, or anything else that may cause harm to Elevate;
- Use the website in a manner which (i) may cause the website to be interrupted, damaged, rendered less efficient or such designed to interfere with, interrupt or disrupt the normal operating procedures of a computer or (ii) any material which is defamatory, offensive, or of an obscene or menacing character, or that may cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; (iii) that the effectiveness or functionality of the website is in any way impaired or (iv) violates or infringes the rights of any person, firm or company (including, but not limited to, rights of intellectual property, rights of confidentiality or rights of privacy) of the website;
- Copy or distribute any part of the website in any medium without our prior written consent; and
- Alter or modify any part of the website other than as may be reasonably necessary to use the website for its intended use.
Elevate reserves the right to:
- Modify or withdraw, temporarily or permanently, the website (or any part of it) with, or without, notice to you.
- Change these Terms and Conditions from time to time. Your continued use of the website (or any part of it) following such change shall be subject to and including the changes made to the terms from time to time.
- Monitor any activity and content associated with the Elevate website.
- We may investigate any reported violation of these Terms and Conditions to confirm that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification to or withdrawal of the website; and/or deemed to be your acceptance of such change. Any and all amendments of Elevate’s Terms & Conditions will be posted on the Elevate website. If you do not agree to any change to the Terms then you must immediately stop using the website; and/ or complaints relating to the website and take any action that we deem appropriate (which may include, but is not limited to, issuing warnings, suspending, terminating or attaching conditions to your access and/or removing any materials from the website).
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Whilst Elevate will use reasonable endeavors to verify the accuracy of any information we place on the website, Elevate make no warranties, whether express or implied, in relation to its accuracy.
The website is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis for your information and personal use only without any representation or endorsement. Unless specified in separate terms and conditions relating to a particular product or service, Elevate makes no warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, in relation to the website, or products or services offered on the website whether by Elevate, or on our behalf (including free software downloads), including but not limited to, implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security, accuracy, condition or completeness, or any implied warranty arising from course of dealing or usage or trade. You acknowledge that Elevate cannot guarantee, and therefore shall not be in any way responsible for, the security or privacy of the website and any information provided to or taken from the Elevate website by you.
You agree to be fully responsible for (and fully indemnify Elevate against) all claims, liability, damages, losses, costs and expenses, including legal fees, suffered by Elevate and arising out of any breach of these Terms and Conditions by you, or any other liabilities incurred by Elevate, arising out of your use of the website, or use by any other person accessing the website using your computer or internet access account.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY AND RIGHT TO USE
You acknowledge and agree that all copyright, trademarks and all other intellectual property rights in all material or content contained within the website shall remain at all times owned by Elevate or its licensors. You are permitted to use this material only as expressly authorized by Elevate.
Elevate reserves all rights not expressly granted in and to the Elevate website and in relation to the content on the Elevate website.